Saturday, January 19, 2013

"Nothing Says Italian Like Ferrari"

Tonight is the night.  My last night in America has come, and now it's almost gone.  This whole break has gone by like the blink of an eye, and it has been nothing short of amazing.  However, tomorrow my life is about to take on a whole new direction.  Am I ready?  Ready as I'll ever be. You should just take a look at the suitcase.

Packing was a monster in itself, but I was ready for the battle.  I started thinking about what I was going to wear in Italy since, well since I decided I was going to study abroad.  Struttin your stuff like a fashionista on the cobble stones of Italy is part of the fun, right?  Normally I would wear all my fun colors, and sparkles, and the works, but this is Italy we are talking about.  These people are all about black.  So, sadly I have had to conform just so I don't stick out like a soar thumb.  My hair is a statement in itself. So don't be worried if you see me wearing dark colors all the time, I'm not going goth anytime soon.  Anyhoo, other than the fashion, I have compiled a packing list so ridiculously detailed that it could actually be mistaken for a work of genius...and it all fits in ONE...let me repeat ONE suitcase people.  Check it:

Had a little stowaway in the packing process...
Final Project


I know the packing thing just blew your minds a little bit, but let's get back to the title of this post because I know you all are DYING to hear about this Ferrari.

My last full day in the good ole U.S.A. has been preeeetty great.  It started out with going to breakfast with Momsie at Green Sage where we chatted about life, the biebs, and how much we love spinach omelets.  Then we ventured around Asheville putting on the final touches for my trip while listening to some down home country music.  When we got home I sent Mom off in a perfect outfit to go see Justin Bieber like all good daughters do.  Then, with a tear in my eye, I sent her off to Susan Black's house. (But don't be distraught people, she'll be here to send me off tomorrow at the airport) Then I was off to REI where I was scheduled to pick out the perfect winter coat with Papa Burril.  There we found the perfect weather-proof coat, black of course, and took Gadget for a stroll around Biltmore Park.  From there we ventured to the Mall, let me reiterate that, Matthew Burril was in the Mall.  While there we got him "styling" for the Detroit Auto Show, and we also witnessed a little runway show of the "models" of Asheville Mall.  Hilarious, let's just stop there haha.  Then I went to meet Benjamin May for some fro-yo, the calorie-free american treat, and said our final goodbyes.

This is where it gets good.  So I get home and all I know is that we are going to the Red Stag for dinner.  Papa dearest is definitely excited about something, because his little grin isn't hiding that.  When he turns the corner and I see the leather jacket, grey turtleneck, black jeans, accompanied with white socks and loafers I know this is going to be an entertaining night no matter what.  The man is stylin.  "We're going Italian tonight baby."  Haha I am totally loving this.  Then as we head down the driveway, he says we need to stop by the hanger and we park.  He gets out, and when the door is halfway open, and with a concerned look on his face, he tells me I need to come inside.  When I get to the door I see a fire-red vintage Ferrari.  "Nothing says Italian like Ferrari."At this point I'm just dying a little bit haha, it was a beaut!  From there we sped around Asheville then headed to dinner.  If that isn't going out with a bang, I don't know what is.  Props daddio.

I think I can rock it.
Ciao, you can call me Matteo.


But now, the night is almost over and tomorrow I go to Italy tomorrow.  Feelings? Mostly excited, a little nervous, but mostly excited.  I'm just anxious to see how things unfold.  This is going to be an adventure and I'm just ready to see it happen.  Leggo Italia.

No comments:

Post a Comment